Creating a list of scriptures that I have ready in troubling times was a delightful time of remembering some of my favorite verses. Some of these I memorized as child, some more recently, but all have had a place and will continue to have purpose in my life experience.
I pray Isaiah 54:17 when I have been wrongly accused, 'stabbed in the back', or blind-sided.
I meditate on Proverbs 3:5-6 when life's challenges become unfathomable or I need help in decision making.
When I'm questioning if I can be forgiven John 3:17 helps me remember Jesus came to save (me) not condemn (me).
If I have a case of the 'why me's' I contemplate Esther 7:13b.
When I need to watch my words Psalm 19:14 is often my prayer.
What an awesome God who loves us so much He wants us to have the answers readily at hand..in and through His Word.
(I didn't write out these scriptures because I want you to spend some time in the Word discovering them for yourselves. Enjoy!!!)
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've really been enjoying your blog, Marie... so much that (with some encouragement from our SS class) I've finally started a blog for the Young Adult class: http://nehemiahsnemesis.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteLoved the way you identified verses w/o quoting them... good teacher technique, my friend! Also, I think I've discovered why there have been no comments added to your blog... BlogSpot makes this a most difficult process!!! As soon as I'm sure "comments" are working on mine I'll offer some suggestions for those who wish to comment on yours (assuming that THIS actually posts). Seeya at church (: