"The path to peace is paved with knee prints." (Living Free by Beth Moore, pg. 78)
Peace in the midst of daily challenges is hugely important to my spiritual and personal well-being. A big part of that is the people I can go to for support and advice. I need only call and their prayers are already being sent up for strength and courage to face whatever challenge is about to consume me.
Billy Graham writes of a company president who told his secretary he was not to be disturbed. The chariman of the board came in requesting to see him. Of course, the secretary said come back later, he's very busy. The chairman became angry and went in anyway. Much to his surprise the man was on his knees praying. He immediately back-tracked and asked the secretary if this was the president's normal practice. Her answer was 'every morning'. The chairman's response was 'that's why I ask his advice'. (Loosely paraphrased from How I Pray by Billy Graham.)
Each of us has the ultimate 'go to' person in God. All we need to do is send a 'knee mail' and he responds with wisdom and help.
"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5 ESV)
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment